David Bowie: Blackstar CD
A Legend Explores Multiple Genres
In his 28th studio album, co-produced by longtime collaborator Tony Visconti and featuring saxophonist Donny McCaslin, David Bowie dabbles in many musical worlds. Bowie brings his otherworldly approach and voice to tracks such as the title track and “Lazarus,” which is also featured in Bowie’s new off-Broadway show. The result? “McCaslin and his bandmates were able to handle whatever Bowie threw at them, from Krautrock to hip-hop to pop to jazz, creating an incredible fusion sound that can’t be pinned to any one genre,” said Rolling Stone.
- “The songs are dark, verging on disturbing, and his vocals are not just strong but daring … it adds up to one of Bowie’s better post-1980 albums.” ~ Chicago Tribune
- ”…strange, daring, ultimately rewarding … It’s at once emotive and cryptic, structured and spontaneous and, above all, willful, refusing to cater to the expectations of radio stations or fans.” ~ New York Times
- ‘Tis A Pity She Was A Whore
- Sue (Or In a Season of Crime)
- Girl Loves Me
- Dollar Days
- I Can’t Give Everything Away
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.