DeWalt Variable-Speed Orbital Jigsaw
- Model number: DW317
- 5.5Amp motor for powerful cuts into hard materials
- Variable speed delivers up to 3,100 strokes per minute
- 4-position orbital action for faster, more aggressive cuts
- Keyless blade clamp allows for quick blade change without touching blade or reciprocating shaft
- All-metal gear case for durability
- Condition: new
- Product dimensions: 14”x3”x10”
- Product weight: 7lb.
Many premier companies have their genesis in one simple idea, tool, or accident. DeWalt’s was a tool born from a stroke of genius. In 1922, woodworking superintendent Raymond DeWalt figured out a way to group a saw, a radial arm, and a motor in a way that greatly boosted the versatility of the humble saw, reducing the time and number of people required to do even some of the most basic woodworking tasks. His contraption, the Wonder-Worker, led him to form DeWalt in 1924, and over the years, the company’s name came to be seen on a wide range of power tools and accessories. Even with an already-grand collection of products, DeWalt is always looking for the next big thing. The company invites tinkerers to submit their own inventions and asks workers what tools they would like to see.