Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
Dyson Ball Animal 2 or Multi Floor 2 Upright Vacuum (Certified Refurbished)
These features apply to all options.
- Improved, strong Dyson suction across various floor types
- Base plate raises and lowers to adjust to different surfaces
- Motorized brush bar for deep cleaning
- Long-reach hose
- Instant-release wand
- Designed to capture microscopic dust
- Hygienic bin emptying with a push of a button
- Product condition: refurbished
- 6-month warranty from Dyson
Dyson Ball Animal 2
- Features increased power for tough tasks
- Features a self-adjusting cleaner head
- Designed for homes with pets
- Tangle-free turbine tool for removing pet hair
- HEPA filtration for trapping allergens
- Model number: 227635-02
- Certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Bin Capacity: 0.55 gallon
- Product dimensions: 42.13” x 15.35” x 13.39”
In the box: vacuum, combo tool, stair tool, tangle-free turbine
Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2
- Light to maneuver
- Designed to easily reach difficult places
- Great for carpets, wood floors, vinyl, and tiles
- Model number: 227633-02
- Bin capacity: 0.42 gallon
- Product dimensions: 41.93” x 15.59” x 13.39”
In the box: vacuum, combo tool, stair tool
James Dyson never cared much about what things are supposed to look like. A trained artist and architect, he turned to engineering while struggling with a wheelbarrow stuck in the mud. “This could be better,” he thought. So, he replaced its wheels with a ball and dubbed the playful-looking tool the ballbarrow. His career began in earnest when he passed a local timber yard and stopped to admire its giant cyclone as it pulled sawdust from the air. Fifteen years and more than 5,000 prototypes later, he created a vacuum cleaner with cyclone technology rather than unreliable suction. The machine won over consumers with its performance, and wowed the design community with its unusual look.
Today, Dyson’s engineers follow their founder’s example by identifying problematic tools and making them better. They design vacuum cleaners, fans, heaters, hand dryers, and other tools. Though seemingly basic, each gadget incorporates cutting-edge proprietary technology and engineering secrets that the company closely guards behind soundproof walls and thumb-print screeners. The company did allow the Queen to visit for her Golden Jubilee, though, and it released some creations for display in New York’s MoMA, London’s Victoria and Albert Museum, and others locations around the world.
A straightforward look at what different vacuum types can do—and which type is best for your floors.