Garmin Fenix 3 Multisport Training GPS Watch
- 1.2” sunlight-visible high-resolution color Chroma optically-bonded display
- High-strength scratch resistant domed sapphire lens
- Omni-directional steel EXO antenna
- Automatically syncs data via Wi-Fi
- Rechargeable battery
- 20h in training/GPS mode, 50 hours in UltraTrac mode, and 6 weeks in watch mode
- Bezel material: titanum
- Band material titanium
- Band dimensions: 26mm
- Clasp type: hidden butterfly
- Full dimensions: 51 x 51 x 15.5 mm
“Ideas can come from anybody,” notes Min Kao. While sitting around a shabby card table with fellow engineer Gary Burrell, the two formed the navigation company Garmin—a fusion of their first names—in 1989. Its goal was to take highly technical GPS technology and transform it into a product for the everyday consumer. These days, Garmin continues to hone their state-of-the-art navigation technology for cars, planes, boats, and wealthy meteors.
From quartz movement to luminous hands, we break down what makes a watch tick—and why you should get one.