Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
See the cooling chart
Haier Portable Air Conditioners (Refurbished)
These features apply to all options.
- Auto-evaporation technology aims to make manual draining unnecessary
- 3 fan settings: cool, fan, and dehumidify
- 3 speeds
- 24-hour on/off timer
- Full-function remote control
- Condition: refurbished
- 30-day warranty from Sohnen
8,000-BTU Air Conditioner
- Model: HPP08XCR-E
- Recommended for rooms up to 250 square feet
- Dimensions: 13.38”x12.13”x28.75”
- Weight: 47lbs.
10,000-BTU Air Conditioner
- Model: HPB10XCR
- Recommended for rooms up to 350 square feet
- Capable of removing about 80 pints/day
- Includes 46” exhaust window kit
- Dimensions: 13.88”x13.25”x27”
- Weight: 47.20lb.
12,000-BTU Air Conditioner
- Model: HPC12XCR-LW
- Recommended for rooms up to 450 square feet
- Weight: 60lb.
Though today it’s known for consumer electronics, Haier’s origins are in refrigerators, which it began producing in China in the 1920s. It was taken over by the communist state in the ’40s and production and quality went down. In the 1980s, Zhang Ruimin, a visionary managing director, was appointed to lead the factory into the global marketplace. He met a customer who had complained about a faulty fridge and launched a factory-wide test. Zhang discovered a 20% failure rate. After lining up each nonfunctioning fridge, he directed the factory’s employees to smash them with hammers—sending the message that from then on, high quality would be paramount. This attitude has helped Haier persevere into the 21st century, and it’s now well-known for its sleek, innovative televisions, mobile devices, and computers.