Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
Haier 45-Pint Dehumidifier (Refurbished)
- Great for preventing mold, mildew, dust mites and other allergens
- Bucket-full indicator with audible alarm
- Automatic shut-off when bucket is full
- Manual and direct drain options
- Digital humidistat
- Smart Dry auto-adjusting fan
- Two fan speeds
- 24-hour on/off timer
- Condition: refurbished
- Condensation capacity: 45 pints
- Cord length: 6’
- Product dimensions: 15.5”L x 17”W x 24”H
- Product weight: 35lb.
Though today it’s known for consumer electronics, Haier’s origins are in refrigerators, which it began producing in China in the 1920s. It was taken over by the communist state in the ’40s and production and quality went down. In the 1980s, Zhang Ruimin, a visionary managing director, was appointed to lead the factory into the global marketplace. He met a customer who had complained about a faulty fridge and launched a factory-wide test. Zhang discovered a 20% failure rate. After lining up each nonfunctioning fridge, he directed the factory’s employees to smash them with hammers—sending the message that from then on, high quality would be paramount. This attitude has helped Haier persevere into the 21st century, and it’s now well-known for its sleek, innovative televisions, mobile devices, and computers.