Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
Haier 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner (Manufacturer Refurbished)
- Three cooling and fan speeds
- Two-way air direction directs airflow where you want it
- Programmable timer automatically turns the unit on and off
Improves Air Quality
- Dehumidify mode removes excess moisture from the air
- Fan mode promotes air circulation
Easy to Move from Room to Room
- Caster wheels glide along floors
- Quick-installing window kit fits most double-hung and sliding windows
- Model number: HPB8CMLWGB
- 8,000 BTUs
- Designed for rooms around 200–250 sq. ft.
- 1–24 hour timer
- Remote control
- Automatic water evaporation
- Eco-friendly refrigerant
- LED screen
- Product dimensions: 13”x14”x27”
- Weight: 60lb.
- Condition: manufacturer refurbished
Though today it’s known for consumer electronics, Haier’s origins are in refrigerators, which it began producing in China in the 1920s. It was taken over by the communist state in the ’40s and production and quality went down. In the 1980s, Zhang Ruimin, a visionary managing director, was appointed to lead the factory into the global marketplace. He met a customer who had complained about a faulty fridge and launched a factory-wide test. Zhang discovered a 20% failure rate. After lining up each nonfunctioning fridge, he directed the factory’s employees to smash them with hammers—sending the message that from then on, high quality would be paramount. This attitude has helped Haier persevere into the 21st century, and it’s now well-known for its sleek, innovative televisions, mobile devices, and computers.