1) With the 6” paper and tape, cover-up all around the headlight area. Tape down the edges of paper so the wind cannot blow paper around. Apply 2 layer of tape around headlight for added protection.
2) First take the sanding block, sanding the entire surface of the headlight. Some headlights will just have a “yellow layer,” others will have a “cloudy layer.” Both layers must be completed sanded off in this process. Then take 600 grit sandpaper, sanding the entire headlight surface smooth until “balling-up” on sandpaper no longer happens. Then take the 1000 grit sandpaper, apply water on sand paper only, sand entire headlight smooth.
3) Take the white cloth, wipe entire headlight surface clean several times with wiping cloth until surface is free of dust.
4) Next, take the “Headlight Renew” Spray can from your box and shake for 3-4 minutes. Using the spray can, spray an evenly 1st-coat over entire headlight surface. Allow to dry approximately 2-3 minutes.* Then apply a 2nd Gloss coat evenly over entire surface. (Practice spraying before applying to headlight. Also refer to instruction video for spraying application.)
- If a “cloudiness” appears in spray, use a hairdryer/heat gun and apply hot-air on headlight for 30 seconds, and “cloudiness” will disappear.
Proceed to the other headlight and repeat process beginning with step #1. Allow both headlights to let dry for about 5 minutes, and then remove all tape and paper carefully from your automobile using caution not to touch headlights. 1st coat is a semi-gloss coat, 2nd coat is the gloss-coat for best results.