Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
HP 17.3” Laptop (Refurbished)
This laptop’s better-than-HD screen displays everything in vivid color and detail, making streaming movies more immersive and rendering text crisply.
Ample Storage Space
Download a season of your favorite TV show before heading on a long flight, or transfer work files to finish later at a cafe. Just a single terabyte (TB) can hold up to 250 DVD-quality films or 17,000 hours of music—enough to play your library nonstop for almost two years without ever repeating a song.
Video Chat with Anyone, Anywhere
A built-in webcam can make it feel like people miles away are in the room with you, helping you connect more clearly than with a phone call or email. Collaborate with colleagues in other offices, listen as your niece or nephew rapturously explains their finger painting, or laugh every time your friend’s cat walks across their keyboard.
Speedy Data Transfers with USB 3.0
A USB 3.0 SuperSpeed port transfers files to and from your computer at more than 10 times the speed of USB 2.0, which is especially helpful when you have a gigantic project on a flash drive, or you want to backup all of your files to an external hard drive. If your connected device uses USB 2.0, the port can still move bits and bytes with no sweat at 2.0 speeds, thanks to its backwards compatibility.
- Product number: 17-x010nr
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home
- Screen: 17.3” HD+ BrightView WLED-backlit display
- Resolution: 1600x900
- Processor: 1.6GHz Intel Pentium N3710 quad-core
- Graphics processor: integrated Intel HD Graphics
- RAM: 4GB DDR3L SDRAM
- Storage: 1TB SATA hard drive
- Optical drive: SuperMulti DVD burner
- Memory-card slot: microSD
- Webcam: TrueVision HD with integrated digital microphone
- Audio: DTS Studio Sound with built-in speakers
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth: yes
- Ports: 1 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, 1 RJ-45, 1 headphone/microphone combo jack
- Battery: 3-cell 31WHr 2.8Ah lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 5 hours and 45 minutes
- Weight: 5.84lb.
- Product dimensions: 16.5” (W) x 10.98” (D) x 0.98” (H)
- Condition: refurbished
- 90 days warrranty from Ecom
When iconic company HP was born in 1939, it was not in a gleaming laboratory or during a late-night study session at a prestigious university. It was in a 12’x18’ garage that contained only a workbench and a used drill press. University friends Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard sold audio equipment to Disney (which used them during Fantasia production) and became HP soon after. Their humble garage is now marked with a plaque bearing the title “Birthplace of Silicon Valley.”
HP’s innovations laid the groundwork for the Valley’s surge in technological advances. Between the creation of the first handheld computer, which connected to printers and cassette drives, and development of speedier 64-bit processing technology currently used by brands like Apple and Microsoft, HP cemented itself as an architect of current tech trends like the tablet and smartphone. It’s a community-conscious company, too; HP has donated to charity since 1940 and offers free recycling for all electronics, regardless of brand, at Staples.