Want to know if this tablet will be compatible with your preferred network? Use this compatibility tool to find out.
New Apple iPad mini 2 64GB Tablet with 7.9” Retina Display, WiFi, and 4G LTE (GSM Unlocked)
The iPad mini 2 proves that a featherweight tablet can perform as well as its full-size brethren. Its 7.9” Retina display improves upon the resolution of the original mini with four times the pixels, and the powerful 64-bit processor smoothly runs apps, games, and movies in high definition.
The Retina display lends vivid clarity to movies, photos, and games with more than 3 million pixels, making it capable of finer detail than many HDTVs. The lack of visible pixels creates a smooth picture with realistic detail, which may unsettle nearby Atari characters. A fingerprint-resistant coating helps keep the visuals free of smudges.
Flow between streaming movies, shopping online, and ordering takeout: the A7 processor works seamlessly with Apple’s iOS to refocus resources as you move from app to app. Because its 64-bit architecture is particularly good at handling complex graphics, games and videos load quickly and move smoothly.
Browse 1,000,000+ Apps
Apple’s ever-expanding marketplace includes apps for gaming, staying productive, streaming media, and other tasks. This lets you turn the iPad mini 2 into a tool for everything from tracking your budget to refining your sudoku skills.
Long Battery Life
The iPad mini 2 can last for up to 10 hours on a single charge. Play games on long car rides, give presentations during meetings, or read magazines in bed, all without worrying about battery levels.
Wireless and Cellular Connectivity
Capable of picking up both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi bands, the mini 2’s wireless connection is speedy and versatile. This model is also unlocked for use with data plans on virtually any GSM network, enabling you to connect to the web wherever there’s cell service. If you choose not to activate a data plan, you can still use the iPad with the WiFi connection alone.
- “…If you want a small tablet with no limitations, that can run the best gamut of high-end apps, display productivity-type applications in a larger amount of screen space, and play games amazingly, the iPad Mini with Retina Display is hands-down the way to go.” – CNET
- “We can explain the hardware of the new iPad mini in one sentence: It’s an iPad Air hit by a shrink ray.” – Engadget
- 7.9” LED-backlit multitouch IPS screen
- Retina display with 2048x1536 resolution
- Storage options: 64GB
- A7 chip with with M7 motion coprocessor
- Rear-facing 5MP iSight camera films in 1080p full HD
- Front-facing 1.2MP FaceTime HD camera films in 720p HD
- Siri intelligent assistant enables voice control
- 802.11a/b/g/n dual-channel WiFi (2.4GHz and 5GHz) with MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 23.8Whr rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Battery life: up to 10 hours of continuous use
- Unlocked for most GSM cellular carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile
- Product dimensions: 7.87” (H) x 5.3” (W) x 0.29” (D)
- Product weight: 0.75lb.
- Full specifications
- Condition: new
- 1 year warranty from Apple
Apple, iPhone, Lightning Cable, Retina, FaceTime, Siri & Earpods are all trademarks of Apple, Inc.
From the start, Steve Jobs was enthralled with not only the novelty of technology but also its design. When speaking about the Apple computer, he said it was “going to be insanely beautiful.” Over the years, Apple’s products have worked to fuse innovative technology with almost artful design. The iMac stunned the world with its colorful plastic shells, which the New York Times said “more closely resemble a pack of Life Savers than a new computer line.” The glossy white iPod—no bigger than a deck of playing cards—could hold an entire library of music. Time Magazine named the iPhone the Invention of the Year for its stunning design and, uniquely, because of the promise it held for even better products in the future. With each new item they launch, Apple works to shape the way future societies communicate, learn, and dance when they’re alone.
Answers to common questions for first-time tablet buyers.
A simplified look at the complex world of tablets. Find out which features are right for you.
Have more questions about carrier compatibility? Read our FAQ.