Iris Germanica Bare Root Plants
This breeder’s choice mixture of bare-root iris plants could contain any variety of flowers. Buying multiple packs is the best way to collect multiple varieties.
- Common names: iris; common flag; German iris
- Herbacious perennial with fragrant flowers
- Native to the Eastern Mediterranean
- Blooming season: May
- Tolerant to deer, drought, and light shade
- Ideal for attracting butterflies and hummingbirds
Planting and Care Instructions
- Plant roots in mid- to late summer
- Full sun is ideal, but irises absolutely need well-drained soil to thrive
- Plant the roots in shallow soil; the rhizomes should be partially exposed
- Space the roots 12”–24” apart
- Roots should be planted by themselves or in groups of three
- Top-dress with a low-nitrogen fertilizer
Good to Know
- Good for zones 3–10
- 2–3 feet tall (when mature)
- Ships as a 7-pack of bare roots
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.