Travel Perfect Tourmaline Anti-Frizz Mini Flat Iron
A semi-precious mineral that releases negative ions and far-infrared heat when it gets hot. The ions help seal hair cuticles shut to create silky, frizz-free strands, and the far-infrared heat works from the inside out, cutting down on styling time.
- Compact design fits easily in handbags or luggage
- Far-infrared heat boosts moisture retention
- Floating plates help prevent hair breakage
How To Use It
- Hair should be clean and completely dry before using flat iron
- Turn on the iron and wait until fully heated
- Open the iron and place a 1.5” wide hair section between the hot plates close to the scalp
- Trap hair between the plates by firmly squeezing the handles together
- Slowly pull the iron down along the hair section toward the end
- Release pressure on the handle and allow the hair to slide out
- Repeat process on additional sections of hair until desired hairstyle is achieved
The Secret to Curling with a Straightener
Calling the flat iron a hair straightener is a bit of a misnomer because it can also be used to create beachy waves or big, voluminous curls. The trick is to start with dry, heat-protected hair; this helps lock in the style and prolongs it. Next, you’ll work in small 1in. sections. (If your hair is thin, you can use slightly larger pieces.) Starting near the scalp, feed the strands through the plates to warm the roots, then slowly turn the straightener 360º—or 180° for looser waves—away from your head. Ensure all the hair stays in the straightener and that the tail end is tucked below the wrapped part. Then gently pull the iron through the length of your hair, wiggling it lightly if it gets hung up. Let the hair cool before lightly brushing or running your fingers through to break up the tightest coils.
- Type: ceramic tourmaline
- Size of plates: 0.5”
- Adjustable heat setting
- Temperature range: 250ºF–450ºF
- International dual voltage
- Voltage: 100V–240V
- Cord length: 9’
Should you use ceramic, tourmaline, or titanium hair styling tools? We compare the materials and help you pick the best one for your hair type.