Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
After straight-laced governess Miss Pettigrew is fired from her fourth job, she stumbles upon the opportunity to become a “social secretary” for a high-society singer and actress. This 2008 comedy seizes upon the comic potential of a middle-aged woman out of her depth in the glamorous underworld of 1930s London.
- Academy Award winner Frances McDormand (Fargo, Burn After Reading) as Miss Pettigrew
- Five-time Academy Award nominee Amy Adams (The Master, American Hustle) as Delysia Lafosse
- Golden Globe nominee Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies, The Hobbit trilogy) as Michael Pardue
- “The particular screwball screen magic Ms. Adams commands in “Miss Pettigrew” hasn’t been this intense since the heyday of Jean Arthur.” — The New York Times
- “A swell adaptation of Winifred Watson’s 1938 novel, which was risque for its time but just right for ours. Frothy and exuberantly entertaining - in part because of the sexual innuendoes - it’s the best romantic comedy so far this year.” — San Francisco Chronicle
- “McDormand’s performance slowly builds a solid integrity, and contrasts well with Adams’ more flamboyant turn…” — Variety
- Genre: Comedy
- Director: Bharat Nalluri
- Studio: Focus Features
- Released in 2008
- Languages: English and French (both Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
- Dubbed: French
- Widescreen and full-screen edition
- Run time: 92 minutes
- Rated: PG-13
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.