Oakley Madman Men’s Polarized Iridium Round Sunglasses
- Flexible frame made of high-modulus, die-cast aluminum and O matter
- 3-point fit keeps lenses in optical alignment
- Ear sockets and nosepads offer a secure fit
- Brown polarized Plutonite lenses
- Filters 100% UVA, UVB, UVC light and blue light up to 400nm
- XYZ Optics for maximum clarity from all angles
- Fits medium- to large-size faces
- Lens dimensions: 42mm (W) x 40mm (H)
- Bridge width: 29mm
- Temple length: 151mm
- Includes a hard case
For the designers at Oakley, science and art are inseparable. They call it sculptural physics: the application of science to solve athletes’ problems, followed by the application of art to create beautiful products that athletes want to wear. Plutonite lenses, for example, look like they’re made of some mineral mined on Mars. But the attractive material serves a purpose, blocking up to 100% of the invisible UV rays that propel toward our delicate retinas at 186,000 miles per second. Such technology lets cyclists see further down the road, baseball players better track fly balls, and fishermen peer deeper into the water.
We break down the many types of sunglasses and their key features to help you find the best pair to suit your face shape and sense of style.