Old-Fashioned Bleeding Hearts Bare-Root Plants (6-Pack)
These features apply to all options.
- 6 2-year-old bare-root plants ready for planting.
- Perennial in nearly all zones except 10
- Blooms in mid-spring
- Estimated height when fully grown: 24”–32”
- Planting and care instructions:
- May be grown in the garden or large container
- Requires partial to full shade
- Plant 2”–3” below the surface in well-drained soil
- Space the plants 12” apart or according to your preference
- Classic variety of Bleeding Hearts
- Deep-pink hearts drip from bowed stems
- Mature plants produce large clumps with dozens of stems
- Popular in cottage gardens
- Less common than the pink version
- First-rate addition to casual or cottage-style gardens
- Great for pastel or all-white gardens with shady corners
Planting flowers takes more than some digging and occasional watering. Read through this buying guide for tips on how to grow a healthy, colorful garden.