One Direction: Four The Ultimate Edition
In the great style of Led Zeppelin and Chicago, One Direction titled their latest album Four, because it’s the fourth studio album for British lads Liam, Harry, Louis, Niall, and Zayn. The Ultimate Edition presents the 12 regular tracks of Four, plus four bonus tracks. Leading off the album is the first single “Steal My Girl,” whose catchy, singable refrain is destined to be played on repeat in the homes of teen and tween girls the world over.
What the Band Says
“Now we feel like we really want to take a hold of where our career is going; to say the things we want to say, and sing about the stuff we want to sing about,” Liam Payne told Digital Spy. And to that end, the band had an increased role in Four, contributing lyrics to 10 of the 12 main tracks. Singer Ed Sheeran, a star in his own right, also contributes.
- 1D is the only band to have their first four albums debut at No. 1 on the Billboard charts.
- Danny DeVito appeared in the video for “Steal My Girl” as a director with an unusual vision of how the video should be shot.
- “Four is hard to dislike: it’s cheery, uplifting, high spirited and good fun.” – Telegraph
- “Four’s tune for the ages is “Fireproof,” a subtle, pleading soft-rock lullaby any boy band, man band or unicorn band would be proud to call its own.” – Rolling Stone
- Released by Columbia Records
- On CD
- Ultimate edition adds four bonus tracks
- Steal My Girl
- Ready to Run
- Where Do Broken Hearts Go
- Girl Almighty
- Fool’s Gold
- Night Changes
- No Control
- Stockholm Syndrome
- Change Your Ticket (bonus)
- Illusion (bonus)
- Once in a Lifetime (bonus)
- Act My Age (bonus)