The sequel to Portal picks up where the first game left off. Single-player mode again features Chell, who’s been forced back into the run-down Aperture Science building and must make her way out. Then GLaDOS reawakens and begins to repair the building, thereby creating more puzzles that Chell must defeat to escape.
Using the hints in each level, players must solve the puzzle of how to escape from various rooms in the Aperture Science complex using a portal gun and special tools. Though the main story is told through single-player mode, a two-player co-op campaign allows friends play as robots Atlas and P-Body, who must collaborate to conquer puzzle rooms with their portal guns.
IGN’s Charles Onyett writes that Portal 2’s “attention to detail throughout is nothing short of stunning.” GLaDOS hurriedly straightens rooms as Chell enters, metal structures snap and collapse into chaotic heaps, and rooms range from vacuous underground warehouses to claustrophobic labs.
- “Genius is an often overused word but Valve’s work on Portal 2 is genius in the truest sense. The studio has exhibited exceptional creativity in the game, even compared to some of its other masterpieces. If we could give it 11/10, we would.”—Gwynne Dixon, Total Video Games
- “Valve cuts no corners and finds ways to make you care about everything from the major characters to the cubes used to solve puzzles. From the beginning of the single-player story to the end of the co-op mode, Portal 2 is a novel, unforgettable experience.”—Charles Onyett, IGN
- Named top game of 2011 by Gamasutra, IGN, Eurogamer, and Kotaku, the Associated Press, Daily Mirror, the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, and Golden Joystick Awards
- BAFTA winner for “Best Game,” “Best Story,” and “Best Design”
- Won more trophies than any other game at the 2012 Game Developers Choice Awards
- First-person puzzle platformer
- For Xbox 360
- Single-player and two-player co-op modes
- Developer: Valve
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.