Pre-Order: Red, White, or Yellow Onion Bulbs (80 Count)
These easy-to-grow bulbs give amateur gardeners the thrill of planting and harvesting their own batch of red, white, or yellow onions. With 80 bulbs per pack, they’ll keep pantries stocked for months on end.
Used the world over, onions are a ubiquitous ingredient in cuisine ranging from Mediterranean wraps to American cheeseburgers. When served raw they offer a sharp spiciness that gives food a distinct bite; when slowly cooked, they round out dishes with a sweet, mellow taste.
- In early spring, when the soil warms to about 50ºF, plant the bulbs in well-drained, slightly acidic soil that receives full sun
- Push the bulbs 1”–2” into the soil at 3”–6” intervals
- Cover with 1”–2” of dirt and water immediately
- After four or five weeks, add fertilizer in narrow bands about 2”–3” from the base of the onion plants
When to Harvest
When the plant tops reach 6” tall, trim every other plant for green table onions. The dry bulbs will be ready for harvest in August or September. When the tops of the plants are dry and naturally falling over, gently lift the onions out of the soil with a fork and store them in a cool, dry place.
- 80 red, white, or yellow onion bulbs
- Harvest in August–September
- Hardiness: zones 3–9, essentially the entire United States
- Height: 10”–12”
- Spacing: 3”
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.