Any price comparison is to a new, non-refurbished product price.
Roku 1 Streaming Media Player (Manufacturer Refurbished)
Easily Search for Your Favorite Movies and TV Shows
- Search using keyword, title, actor’s name, or director
- Integrates with the Roku mobile app for control via smartphone or tablet
Access Thousands of Channels and Streaming Services
- Provides access to 2,500 on-demand channels
- Search across more than 20 streaming applications
- Includes Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, Google Play, Vudu, and more
Good to Know
- Full HD streaming with HDMI-compatible TVs
- Comes standard with composite cables for non-HDMI TVs
- Includes a remote control
- Product dimensions: 3.7”x1.2”x3.7”
- 90 Days warranty from Roku
With the advent of streaming entertainment over the Internet, many viewers turned from their TVs to their computers to take in favorite shows and movies. Though this blew open the doors to tons of content that was previously hard to find, the small flickering laptop screen didn’t really hold a candle to the television. Roku reversed this situation with the release of a device that used a home Internet connection to stream Netflix content to a TV. Since then, its set-top boxes and streaming sticks have expanded their reach to bring Hulu, YouTube, and thousands of other streaming channels to cord-cutters everywhere. Countless hours of sports, movies, TV, and music—much of it free—is now available to Roku owners without a cable subscription, and fans have responded, streaming more than 3 billion hours of content in 2014. Today, Roku also works on Internet connection software inside the TV itself, building out smart TV capability for brands such as Sharp, Haier, and Insignia.
Online content isn’t just for computers anymore—you can watch it all on the big screen with the right streaming device. Learn which one is best for your home theater with this helpful guide.
Ready to break up with cable? Whether you want to save money, customize your entertainment options, or stop having to feed your cable box, life without cable can be bright.
Installing a home theater is more than just plugging in components. Tailor it to match your space with these home theater design best practices.