Rousseau Ursula Ladies Watch
- Movement type: Japanese quartz
- Case material: ion-plated metal
- Case dimensions: 25mm x 8mm
- Bezel material: ion-plated metal
- Band material: ion-plated metal
- Band dimensions: 14mm (W) x 8.2” (L)
- Clasp type: jeweler’s clasp
- Water resistance: 30m
- Full dimensions: 25mm x 8.2”
- 1 year warranty from Bonheur West
A timepiece made in Death’s likeness stands today in a Paris museum as a testament to the watchmaker’s immortal legacy. Every facet of the unusual piece was crafted by Geneva Master watchmaker Jean Rousseau, who then passed his renowned artistry and craftsmanship on to his sons. In 2003, a modern watch company revived the Rousseau name to pay homage to the family’s expertise. Though none of the contemporary watches resemble a demon’s head, each timepiece is created with craftsmanship in mind, and the elegant designs’ smooth quartz movement and great attention to detail honor Jean Rousseau’s stellar reputation. Though the focus is on classic, time-honored construction, the brand’s fashion-forward collections include both contemporary and traditional timepieces.
From quartz movement to luminous hands, we break down what makes a watch tick—and why you should get one.