Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
Samsung KU6500 Series Curved 4K Ultra HD Smart TV (2016 Model) (Manufacturer Refurbished)
No matter which size you choose, each of these TVs delivers a cinematic viewing experience with a stunningly sharp 4K Ultra HD picture and a curved design that makes the screen appear larger. Each model also boasts built-in WiFi and an intuitive Smart interface that gives you easy access to your favorite streaming services.
Samsung Smart Hub: Your HDTV’s Control Center
Samsung’s Smart Hub makes streaming movies, viewing photos, and even checking out social media quick and easy. Apps such as Netflix and Hulu Plus are laid out like on a smartphone or tablet, so you can quickly get to the content you want. The Smart Hub’s wireless networking lets you share connected mobile devices’ pictures and videos on the big screen, as well as access news and Facebook posts.
Curved Display: Immersive Viewing
By slightly bending the edges of the display forward, a curved TV mimics the shape of the eye to fill up more of your field of view. That fosters the perception of a larger screen with more depth between the foreground and background for a richer, more full picture. The curved angle also helps deflect sunbeams and lamplight to minimize distracting onscreen glare.
Rich, Cinematic Picture
4K Ultra HD resolution supports an almost uncannily realistic picture. 4K refers to Ultra HD’s more than 8 million pixels—about four times as many as 1080p Full HD resolution—which saturate the display so completely that images retain their lifelike detail regardless of how close or far you are from the screen. This pixel density also supports heightened picture quality for non-4K content.
HDMI and USB: Connect to More Content
An HDMI port connects high-definition components such as a Blu-ray player, cable box, or Roku Streaming Stick directly to your HDTV. USB input pushes your TV’s connectivity even further, letting you do things such as view photos or listen to music saved on thumb drives, digital cameras, and other USB sources.
These features apply to each TV model.
- Resolution: 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160)
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR Premium
- Lighting: Slim FLED
- Refresh rate: Motion Rate 120
- WiFi: 802.11ac
- Media streaming apps: Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, and more
- HDMI ports: 3
- USB ports: 2
- VESA mounting pattern: 400mm x 400mm
- Condition: manufacturer refurbished
- Full specifications
- 90-day warranty from Samsung
- Product number: UN49KU6500
- Screen size: 49” class (48.5” diagonally)
- Weight without stand: 27.1lb.
- Product dimensions without stand: 43.5” (W) x 25.2” (H) x 3.8” (D)
- Weight with stand: 29.8lb.
- Product dimensions with stand: 43.5” (W) x 27.6” (H) x 12.2” (D)
- Product number: UN55KU6500
- Screen size: 55” class (54.6” diagonally)
- Weight without stand: 35.7lb.
- Product dimensions without stand: 48.9” (W) x 28.3” (H) x 3.7” (D)
- Weight with stand: 37.9lb.
- Product dimensions with stand: 48.9” (W) x 30.7” (H) x 12.2” (D)
- Product number: UN65KU6500
- Screen size: 65” (64.5” diagonally)
- Weight without stand: 56.2lb.
- Product dimensions without stand: 57.5” (W) x 33.3” (H) x 4.4” (D)
- Weight with stand: 61.9lb.
- Product dimensions with stand: 57.5” (W) x 35.7” (H) x 14.5” (D)
In the 70 years of its existence, Samsung has grown into an international company with interests spanning from home electronics to skyscraper construction. The company takes its global role seriously, working to improve communities with both its financial support and the expertise of its talented employees. The company’s Solve for Tomorrow competition, for instance, challenges kids to create videos that demonstrate how science and math can be used in new ways to improve their local environment. After screening the videos of thousands of worthy entrants and dozens of confused American Idol hopefuls, Samsung chooses five winners, whose schools each receive $110,000 in technology. Solve for Tomorrow is just one of the company’s outreach initiatives, which align with its philosophy: to help build a “better global society.”
Interested in buying a TV mount as well? Make note of the VESA pattern for the TV you're buying, and shop TV mounts here.
Does refresh rate really make a difference? How big should your TV be? Our TV buying guide helps you learn more about the most important features on HDTVs.