Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure
This family-friendly 3D platformer encourages players to collect small action figures in real life and then scan them into the game, where they take virtual control of the character and its unique abilities. In the course of their adventures to stop an evil sorcerer, players can team up in co-op to tackle obstacles together, or take on new challenges unlocked by collecting other Skylanders figures.
Bright, cartoonish levels make the game a welcoming environment for young players, who encounter a host of offbeat characters with recognizable voices (including that of Patrick Warburton) along the way.
This bundle includes a host of extras and accessories as well as the base game. Three Skylanders figures—Spyro, Trigger Happy, and Gill Grunt—can be projected into the game world using the included Portal of Power peripheral. When they’re not playing the game, kids can also admire a character poster, swap trading cards with their friends, peel off favorite parts of a sticker sheet, and redeem web codes included in the bundle.
- “In the end, Skylanders knows exactly what it trying to be – a family friendly affair featuring cool creatures.” - GamingTrend
- “Even without the extras, Skylanders is a pretty substantial action game for kids (with a small cast). It’s fun, it’s challenging, the story is cute, and there is co-op.” - IGN
- Family-friendly action-adventure
- Includes starter pack of figures and accessories
- Recommended for ages 6 and up
- Developer: Toys for Bob
- System: Nintendo Wii