- Mars dig kit: sand block filled with minerals, rocks, or basalt; model Mars rover kit, digging tool; goggles; brush; color poster; instructions
- Glow-in-the-dark solar system kit: sun, 8 planets, 9 hooks, 20” of clear string, instructions
Smithsonian Mars Dig or Glow-in-the-Dark Solar System Kit
These interactive kits let children learn about the wonders of space and faraway planets. The Mars dig kit sends a replica rover zooming over a block of sand, which can be broken apart to reveal the same kinds of rocks that are found on Mars. The solar system kit lets children build a replica of our solar system or create a solar system of their own design by hanging glow-in-the-dark planets from ceiling hooks. During the day, the planets absorb whatever light they’re exposed to, whether it’s from a lamp, the sun, or a really big match, and it emits a soft glow at night.
- Science-based kits teach kids about space
- Build a solar system or explore Mars
- Kids learn about geology and the universe
- Recommended for ages 8 and up
- Parental supervision recommended
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.