Star Wars Trilogy: Episodes I–III on Blu-ray and DVD
In this set of prequels, fans are treated to the origins and backstories of the conflicts, story lines, and wookiees they had a crush on from the legendary original Star Wars trilogy. Witness the rise of the Galactic Empire, the transformation of young Anakin Skywalker into the notorious Darth Vader, and the near-extermination of the Jedi order. The series’ alien worlds, back-and-forth lightsaber duels, and dizzying outer-space dogfight scenes are rendered in the bold color and crisp detail of Blu-ray, helping immerse you further in each film.
- During the filming of The Phantom Menace, Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi) would make lightstaber noises while dueling.
- Attack of the Clones is the only Star Wars movie to pan up after the iconic opening scroll; all the others pan down.
- There’s a reason only one Jedi in the Star Wars film canon has a purple lightsaber: Samuel L. Jackson made a special request to George Lucas for his character, Mace Windu, to have one.
- The wookiee costumes in Revenge of the Sith were built with systems that pumped in ice-cold water to help keep the actors inside cool during filming.
- Written and directed by George Lucas
- Tells origin stories of the Galactic Empire and Darth Vader
- Iconic characters, such as Obi-Wan Kenobi; Yoda; and Boba Fett’s father, Mr. Fett
- The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones rated PG
- Revenge of the Sith rated PG-13
- Total run time: 419 minutes
- Number of discs: six