Star Wars: The Force Awakens
In the seventh installment in the Star Wars series, Star Wars: The Force Awakens catches up with the world of Star Wars 30 years after the defeat of the evil Empire as a new threat arises to terrorize the galaxy. A new generation of heroes and some old friends team up in The Force Awakens, a light-speed adventure from one of the most beloved film franchises in movie history.
With Luke Skywalker mysteriously vanished, the galaxy has once again fallen victim to a dark force—The First Order. As the Order’s presence threatens the peace of the galaxy, a gang of rebels known as the Resistance arises to fight the Order and protect the innocent.
Cast and Crew
- Co-written and directed by J.J. Abrams, director of Star Trek Into Darkness and Super 8
- Co-written by Lawrence Kasdan, who also wrote from The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi
- Introduces Daisy Ridley as Rey and John Boyega as Finn
- Harrison Ford reprises his role as Han Solo
- Carrie Fisher returning as Princess Leia
- “It’s everything the kid in us goes to the movies for—marvelous adventure that leaves us surprised, scared and euphoric.” — Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
- “… taking the series back to its roots while giving it a rocket-fuelled, 21st-century twist.” — Mark Kermode, The Guardian
- “Reinvigorating the franchise with a welcome surge of energy, warmth and excitement … incoming writer-director J.J. Abrams seems to have had the original three films firmly in mind when he embarked on this monumental new undertaking.” — Justin Chang, Variety
- Available on Blu-ray or DVD
- Rating: PG-13
- Number of discs: 1
- Run-time: 136min.