A lot has changed for Taylor Swift since she released her debut album in 2006. Over the course of the last 9 years, she’s transformed from a shy teenage country singer into the reigning princess of pop music. Packed with hits like “Shake It Off,” “Bad Blood,” and “Blank Space,” 1989’s heart-pounding choruses and clever, emotional lyrics showcase a pop singer/songwriter at the top of her game.
- 1989 derives its title from the year Swift was born because many of its songs are inspired by the pop music of the 1980s.
- Swift cited producer Max Martin, the band Fine Young Cannibals, her journal, and New York City as the major influences of this album.
- Several of the songs, including “Style” and “Out of the Woods,” are widely believed to be about Swift’s relationship with One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles.
- “Deeply weird, feverishly emotional, wildly enthusiastic, 1989 sounds exactly like Taylor Swift, even when it sounds like nothing she’s ever tried before.” - Rolling Stone
- ”…deals in undeniable melodies and huge, perfectly turned choruses and nagging hooks. Its sound is a lovingly done reboot of…late 80s MTV pop-rock…” -The Guardian
- On two vinyl albums
- Released by Big Machine
- Welcome To New York
- Blank Space
- Out Of The Woods
- All You Had To Do Was Stay
- Shake It Off
- I Wish You Would
- Bad Blood
- Wildest Dreams
- How You Get The Girl
- This Love
- I Know Places
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.