- Animal Crackers (1930)
- The Cocoanuts (1929)
- Duck Soup (1933)
- Horse Feathers (1932)
- Monkey Business (1931)
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection on DVD
About the Marx Brothers
Before their silver-screen comedies enjoyed immense popularity, the Marx Brothers—Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Zeppo, and Gummo (who was never seen onscreen)—drew crowds to vaudeville stages across the country. Their blend of slapstick, wordplay, song, and goofy dance steps continued to resonate as they made the leap to film, and the brothers remain some of the most important figures in the pantheon of American comedy.
- In 1929, the brothers worked on their first movie, The Cocoanuts, in the morning, then appeared in Animal Crackers on stage at night. Animal Crackers became their second feature for the big screen.
- Despite his many interludes at the piano, Chico Marx had little professional training—he skipped nearly all his childhood lessons.
- The brothers were so rambunctious on set, it is said that they were sometimes locked in a jail cell between takes so as not to cause mayhem (or simply leave).
- Starring Groucho Marx, Harpo Marx, Chico Marx, Zeppo Marx, and Margaret Dumont
- In English with French and Spanish subtitles
- Number of discs: 6
- Not rated
- Released by Universal Studios Home Entertainment
- Total run time: 405 minutes
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.