Thomas Earnshaw Longcase Skeleton Watch Collection
- Skeletonized display and exhibition case back
- Three-hand self-winding automatic movement
- Solid Marine-grade 316L stainless steel case and bezel
- Some styles with 18K yellow- or rose-gold plating
- Case: 48mm (L) x 48mm (W) x 16mm (D)
- Sapphire-coated hardened mineral-crystal lens
- Embossed genuine-calfskin-leather strap
- Signature buckle clasp
- Strap: 210mm (L) x 20–22mm (W)
- Water resistant to 50 meters
About Thomas Earnshaw
When considering those responsible for discovering new lands or species, the name Thomas Earnshaw doesn’t usually spring to mind. But the watchmaker’s contribution to telling maritime time is indisputable. In 1780, his improved design of a marine chronometer—a portable clock that can determine longitude by means of celestial navigation—made them so precise and accurate that his design became the standard. The timepieces were so well-trusted that Earnshaw chronometers traveled aboard Capt. William Bligh’s ships and on the HMS Beagle with Charles Darwin. Even years after Earnshaw’s death, the clock he’d built on commission for the Armagh Observatory was believed by some to be the most accurate clock in the world.
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.