ViraTech UV-400 Air-Purification System
Though many think of indoor spaces as safe havens from pollution, the EPA estimates that the air quality indoors can be up to 100 times more contaminated than it is outdoors. The ViraTech UV-400 air-purification system cleanses spaces of up to 800 square feet through a process that begins with dirty, indoor air entering a self-contained kill cartridge containing three high-intensity UV lamps with a total length of 48 inches. With each pass—up to eight occur every hour in a typical room—the chamber kills over 99% of all airborne bacteria including superbugs, MRSA, and TB, along with killing or reducing virtually all other types of indoor air pollution such as toxic gasses, odors, VOCs, smoke and allergens. Air then passes through a carbon-activated particulate screen that traps any lingering dust, animal dander, and other debris.
- FDA-cleared as a Class II Medical device for killing airborne bacteria, while it kills or reduces virtually all other forms of indoor air pollution
- Technology is typically used in hospitals to kill germs, flu, and airborne bacteria
- Recommended by The Sleep Doctor, Michael Breus, PhD
- Cleans the air up to eight times per hour
- System requires minimal upkeep
- Kills more than 99% of airborne bacteria and reduces VOCs such as formaldehyde, acetone, paint, and varnish
- Utilizes 48 inches of UV lighting
- No ozone emissions
- Cartridge last 9,000 hours and generally requires replacement after four and a half years if used 40 hours per week
- Sensor light turns red to indicate cartridge replacement is needed
- Power usage (high-speed): 93 watts
- Electrical: 120V/60Hz/1.6A
- Dimensions: 32”x12.5”x9.5”
- Weight: 18 pounds
- Room size: up to 800 square feet
- Safety: ETL listed
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.
The Fine Print
Free returns. Does not ship to AK/HI/Canada/Puerto Rico. Most orders are delivered within 7 business days from the purchase date. Does not ship to PO boxes. See return policy. Must pay applicable tax and provide name and shipping address at checkout, which will be shared to facilitate shipping. How is the strike-through price determined?