Wohler Heidegger Men’s Chronograph Watch
- Sun-ray-finished satin dial with multiple subdials
- Tachymeter on bezel
- Movement type: Miyota JS00 quartz
- Case, band, and bezel material: stainless steel
- Adjustable bracelet band
- Single deployment clasp
- Water resistance: 50m
- Case dimensions: 43mm x 13mm
- Band dimensions: 8” x 22mm
- Overall dimensions: 8” x 43mm
As a company, Wöhler only dates back to 2006, but the name and idea is much older. Inspired by Friedrich Wöhler, a pioneering 19th century chemist who was the first to isolate elements—titanium, tungsten, and beryllium, a key component of high-quality ceramics—that are now essential to the watchmaker’s toolkit. In tribute to the scientist’s groundbreaking discoveries, Wöhler uses these and other precious materials to forge intricate timepieces that are known for their classic designs and dependable mechanical and automatic movements.
From quartz movement to luminous hands, we break down what makes a watch tick—and why you should get one.