Dunham Inn LLC has the best amenities around. Enjoy Dunham Inn LLC when you stay in Maple Heights.
Whether you're visiting us for a short or long stay, parking is always easy to find.
Hear the call of the wild? Spend your next trip in the wonderfully cozy Dunham Inn LLC in Maple Heights.
When life simply isn't dramatic enough, Bedford's stage shows at Ugly Coyote Saloon are for you.
Mindful eaters are advised to count calories a different day, as Ugly Coyote Saloon is without low-fat fare.
Enjoy a night out on the town at Ugly Coyote Saloon and treat yourself to a couple flavorful drinks.
Parking is plentiful, so guests can feel free to bring their vehicles.
Connections: Health.Wellness.Advocacy delivers a comprehensive array of behavioral health care services that promote a high quality of life among more than 6,000 individuals in the region. The organization targets people's needs in a culturally competent manner with necessary programs in psychiatric support, deaf and hard-of-hearing services, geriatrics, perinatal services, and pharmacological management. Connections has recently worked to improve the health care infrastructure in the region through a variety of projects, including the construction of a new primary-care clinic in Beachwood and a cloud-based medical-record system.
Although the symbol of Susan G. Komen's work is a small pink ribbon, it represents a powerhouse of breast-cancer research and education. The rallying cry of "I am the cure" represents the foundation's multifaceted approach to fighting the disease, which focuses on community outreach, public perception of the disease, and funding for scientific research. Susan G. Komen work has helped increase early detection, survival rates, and federal funding of groundbreaking breast-cancer research.
Beyond its signature pink ribbon–bedecked merchandise, the Race for the Cure is the centerpiece of the organization's fundraising and outreach efforts. Originally an 800-person charity race in Dallas, Race for the Cure has blossomed into a series of more than 150 races worldwide, which collectively host more than 1.7 million participants annually. Marathoners, runners, and walkers alike collect sponsorship donations from friends and family as they tackle races of varying lengths, wearing personalized signs on their backs to remember those they have lost and honor the survivors in their lives. To date, Race for the Cure has raised more than $1.9 billion to support Susan G. Komen initiatives. The Northeast Ohio affiliate serves 22 counties, and 75% of its net funds earned stay within the area, while the remaining 25% go to global research.
In the summer of 1945, during the waning days of World War II, a feat of heroism took place in the waters of the Gulf of Siam. That's where the crew of the USS Cod, a Gato-class submarine under the command of the US Navy, performed the first (and, to this day, only) international sub-to-sub rescue, saving the crew of a Dutch submarine that had run aground in the bay's treacherous reef. This milestone is still celebrated aboard the sub today; now a floating museum in Cleveland's North Coast Harbor, the sub gives self-guided tour groups a glimpse into the most celebrated era of American military history. Read on to learn more:
Sub specs: The USS Cod is 312 feet long and weighs 1,500 tons. During its war service, it carried a crew of 97 men, as well as 24 torpedoes packed with 15,000 pounds of explosives.
Wartime feats: In addition to its celebrated rescue, the Cod was also responsible for sinking more than 36,000 tons of Axis shipping transports.
Cleveland connection: The sub's five diesel generators were built in Cleveland and have been restored to full operations.
The staff and partners of Emerald Development and Economic Network (EDEN), Inc. believe that all people need a home. As part of this mission, they maintain a collection of more than 90 properties, group homes, and affordable permanent-housing units across Cuyahoga County for more than 3,500 people with low incomes, a history of homelessness, and qualifying disabilities. In each property, residents maintain the freedom and independence necessary for them to be a part of the greater community, while still receiving access to support services within their building. EDEN property managers regularly work with partner agencies, such as Veteran’s Administration and AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland and Mental Health Services (MHS). In time, tenants can take strength from their newfound stability to get a full-time job, reconnect with family, overcome addictions, or stay off the street.
See how Groupon helps you discover local causes and lend a helping hand at the Groupon Grassroots blog.