How do I use my Groupon on Kiva?
To make a loan using your Groupon, follow these steps:
- Go to kiva.org/groupon and click the "Find a Loan" button. You'll be directed to the "Lend" page, where you'll see entrepreneurs whose loans need funding.
- Pick an entrepreneur, click "Lend $25," and then click the "Loan Added! Check out>>" link to go to your basket.
- You'll see the total loan amount plus an optional donation to Kiva in your basket. To change the donation amount, click "Edit" and choose a new amount from the drop-down menu. Click "Save" and "Continue."
- You will be taken to the checkout page. Fill your coupon code (the code in the bottom right corner of your Groupon) in the "Have a Kiva Card?" box and click "Apply." Then click "Pay Now" to complete the checkout process.
To create a printable Kiva Card that you can give to a friend, follow these steps:
- Go to kiva.org/groupon and enter your coupon code, names of both the recipient and of you, and a gift message, and click the "Create a Kiva Card" button. You can then print your Kiva Card and give it to a friend.
My Groupon isn't being accepted by Kiva's website. What can I do?
Make sure that you're entering the coupon code in the bottom right corner and not the Groupon code in the top right corner. If you're still having trouble, you can contact Kiva Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I entered my Groupon code and it shows that I still owe $3.75. What can I do?
Kiva recommends an optional 15% donation to Kiva in addition to the loan that you make. If you don't want to make a donation to Kiva, go to "My Basket" and click the "Edit" link beside the optional donation to Kiva's operating expenses. You can set a new donation amount using the drop-down menu, then click "Save" and "Continue."
How does Kiva work?
Kiva partners with Field Partners (microfinance institutions around the world), and these Field Partners distribute small loans to entrepreneurs and post these loans on Kiva to be funded in $25 increments by lenders like you. To read more about how Kiva works, visit http://www.kiva.org/about/how.
Can I get a loan from Kiva for my business?
Kiva does not process loan applications for entrepreneurs, but if you would like to apply for a loan through one of our Field Partners, you can do so. Check out kiva.org/partners to find a microfinance institution near you.
Where can I learn more about Groupon?
Here's a good place to start: http://www.groupon.com/learn