The Meritage Resort and Spa - Napa, CA
One- or Two-Night Stay for Two Adults and Up to Two Kids 13 or Younger with Bowling and Wine. Combine Up to Four Nights.
Newly Expanded, 4-Star Wine Resort in the Heart of Napa
Beyond The Meritage Resort and Spa’s iron gates, rows of grapevines stretch across rolling hills. The 4-star Tuscan-inspired property lies in the heart of Napa and embraces the valley's wine culture. Unsurprisingly, it's not hard to find a good glass of wine at The Meritage. The resort produces its own varietals and serves them in a tasting room and farm-to-table restaurant. Guest rooms even come with a welcome bottle of wine. But this resort isn’t just about wine—with the resort’s just-completed $40 million expansion, visitors can now sip on a cocktail from an expert mixologist while bowling on one of six luxury lanes in the new Crush Ultra Lounge.
The resort's 22,000-square-foot Estate Wine Cave stands out for its sheer size and Old-World Florentine architecture. Housed within the cave is the Spa Terra, named one of the world’s top 100 spas by Spas of America. The spa’s body treatments range from romantic couples experiences to the La Dolce Vita, which includes a Dolce body treatment, a Terra massage, and European facial, followed by a spa lunch and a glass of wine. Also tucked away in the cave is the Trinitas Tasting Room, made from natural-stone walls and dark woodwork. Tastings may feature house label wines such as moscato, pinot noir, and cabernet sauvignon.
Chefs at the in-house restaurant, Siena, prepare locally sourced, Tuscan-influenced fare such as the rotisserie Fulton Valley chicken and herb-marinated grilled lamb chops. The recent expansion also includes the Blend Café, an Italian-inspired eatery with tempting gelato, strong espresso, and fresh pastries. Back in their rooms, guests may opt to stomp their own grapes in a roomy marble bathtub, or cap off the night with a complimentary bottle of wine. Many rooms have private balconies overlooking the picturesque vineyards.
Napa, California: Wine and Dine in the Valley
Located an hour’s drive north of San Francisco, Napa Valley is California's epicenter of wine, and there's a definite local pride in all things grape. Signs posted along roads urge drivers to stop, taste, and experience private-label wines. The culinary scene has also risen to prominence, with chefs like Thomas Keller spearheading a haute-cuisine movement.
Though hundreds of thousands of people visit each year, Napa still cultivates a small-town feel. A handful of big-name restaurants in downtown Napa might have limos parked out front, but there are still plenty of eclectic, hole-in-the wall eateries serving vegan fare or barbecue.
What You Get
Stay for two in a superior patio room
- Option 1: $169 for a one-night stay, check in Sunday–Friday (up to a $439 value)
- Option 2: $349 for a two-night stay, check in any day (up to an $808 value)
Book by: 1/25/13
Travel by: 2/28/13
Included in all options:
- Wine tasting for two
- Bowling for two
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Wine-tasting cave
- Underground spa
- Award-winning Siena restaurant
- Welcome bottle of wine
- Complimentary shuttle to downtown Napa
- Outdoor pool and fitness center
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 1/25/13 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 2/28/13
- Not valid 12/15/12, 12/31/12, 1/5/13, 1/10/13, 1/14/13, 1/15/13, 2/3/13-2/6/13
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability. 48hr cancellation notice required or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies. Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $20/day resort fee and 14% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $25 per night for each additional guest 14 or older; no charge for guests 13 or younger
- Plasma television
- Refrigerator stocked with welcome bottle of wine
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: access to the pool areas, fitness centers, and business center; a welcome bottle of wine; two waters replenished daily; local telephone calls; nightly shuttle to downtown Napa and nearby golf courses; and wireless Internet
- Parking: lot parking is free; valet is available upon request and is included in the resort fee.
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are allowed for $50 per stay with a weight limit of 80 pounds.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or check-in for an additional cost.
- By plane: 49 miles from Oakland International Airport (OAK), 55 miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO), and 60 miles from Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- By transit: Napa Valley Wine Train from San Francisco
- By car: about 44 miles northwest of San Francisco
The Groupon Guide to: Hot Grouponicus Gifts
Judging by the calendars and nothing else, Grouponicus is here! If you haven't finished your shopping yet, consult this handy list of 2012’s hottest Grouponicus gifts:
- A teddy bear
- Teddy Bear, normal teddy-bear body with silicone-skinned realistic-looking Teddy Roosevelt head
- Tready Bear, the bear made out of recycled truck tires
- Ready Bear, the bear that will tell you how to get to safety in the event of a fire
- Medi-Bear, the bear that seeps triple-antibiotic ointment when you squeeze it
- Sheddy Bear, the bear that comes locked in its own tiny shed
- Bready Bear, the bear that you can’t stop eating until it’s too late
- SETI Bear, the bear that won’t rest until it proves the existence of extraterrestrial intelligence
- Weddie Bear, the bear that wants to get married whether you’re ready or not
- Ted e-Bear, the bear that is a digital photo that you can email!
- Deady Bear, the bear that makes no noises and doesn't move at all
- A puzzle