11-day Tour of China, from Beijing to Shanghai
This tour package includes:
- Round-trip airfare on Air China from San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York
- China domestic airfares: Beijing to Xian, Xian to Guilin, and Guilin to Shanghai
- Three-night stay at 4-star DoubleTree Hilton in Beijing
- Two-night stay at 4.5-star Grand Noble Xian
- Two-night stay at 4.5-star Lijiang Waterfall Hotel in Guilin
- Two-night stay at 4.5-star Renaissance Yangtze in Shanghai
- Nine buffet breakfasts
- English-speaking guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Round-trip airport transfers in each city
- Orientation tour in each city
We've outlined some trip highlights below. Click here to check out a full itinerary.
Days 1–4: Beijing
- Accommodations: 4-star DoubleTree Hilton
After an overnight flight and some time to relax at the hotel, you'll take a city tour on Day 3. Stroll along Qianmen Street, which has been one of Beijing’s major pedestrian thoroughfare for nearly six centuries.
Occupying nearly 100 acres in the heart of Beijing, Tiananmen Square is one of the world’s most expansive city squares. It's been the site of several political gatherings throughout history and is home to the Monument to the People's Heroes, a towering obelisk that honors China's fallen war heroes.
Optional Tours (extra fee): Visit Forbidden City, an Imperial Palace once reserved for China's Ming and Qing Dynasty emperors. On Day 4, you can head north to the Great Wall of China, a world landmark built over several centuries.
Days 5–6: Xian
Accommodations: 4.5-star Grand Noble Xian
A short flight south takes you to Xian, one of China’s oldest cities and an ancient capital. You'll see the city's Drum & Bell Tower, 14th-century buildings built during the Ming Dynasty.
Optional Tours (extra fee): Visit Xian's most-popular attraction, the Terra Cotta Army at the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor. This museum is filled with hundreds of ancient soldier statues individually hewn from terra cotta, positioned there to protect the emperor. The night comes to a close with a dinner show featuring the traditional music and dance of the Tang Dynasty.
Days 7–9: Guilin
Accommodations: 4.5-star Lijiang Waterfall Hotel
Guilin is known its views of the Li River, which is flanked by imposing, fog-veiled karst topography.
Explore Reed Cave, a multicolored limestone cave just outside Guilin’s downtown area. Bright green reeds—which have been used to make flutes—surround the cave’s exterior. Inside, colorful lights illuminate massive stalactites.
Optional Tour (extra fee): Cruise along the Li River via riverboat—keep a camera handy to catch snapshots of the mist as it rises up the hillside.
Days 10–11: Shanghai
Accommodations: 4.5-star Renaissance Yangtze
The final leg of the tour spotlights Shanghai, one of the world’s most-populous cities. Learn about the city’s history at Shanghai Museum, which boasts more than 100,000 artifacts, furniture, and artwork dating back to the Ming dynasty.
- Walk along the Bund, Shanghai’s waterfront area, where you’ll see modernistic structures and historical buildings from the Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque eras alongside the Huangpu River.
- Optional Tour (extra fee): Finish your vacation by watching an acrobat show with dinner.
- Optional Tour (extra fee): An extended stay in Shanghai or an extended tour in Hong Kong may be available. Both are subject to availability and are not included with this Groupon.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.