Annadele's Plantation Bed and Breakfast - Covington, LA
One-Night Stay Any Day or Two-Night Stay Wednesday-Saturday with $35 Dining Credit for Two
Antebellum Plantation amid Manicured Grounds
In 1834, Colonel Thomas Sully snatched up a 24-acre property north of Lake Pontchartrain and erected a West Indian–style plantation, which he dubbed Monrepos. Although the estate has changed hands several times—including serving as the New Orleans mayor’s summer home—the antebellum mansion still retains many of its original elements as Annadele’s Plantation Bed and Breakfast. The original cypress floor covers the upstairs hallway, grandiose 15-foot ceilings help to control temperatures, and an artesian well dug in 1827 still retrieves much of the inn's water. After nearly two centuries of history and a round of recent renovations, Annadele's Plantation Bed and Breakfast's white-clapboard exterior and navy-blue awnings still exude the old-fashioned, stately sensibility of a Louisianan plantation.
The plantation's four B & B suites each don individual decor and amenities. In the Enchanted Oak suite, there’s a private bath with a jacuzzi and a California king bed. French doors open onto a spacious balcony in both the Cypress Grove and the Pear Blossom suites, from which guests can spray passing newlyweds with a complimentary bottle of house champagne.
With the second option, you’ll get a $35 credit for dinner at Annadele’s Plantation Restaurant. Under the tutelage of executive chef Ronald Bonnette, the eatery serves classic Creole and French fare, with dishes ranging from sautéed chicken lafayette ($18) to seafood au gratin ($28). Annadele’s boast six distinct dining rooms—the first-floor Garden Room overlooks the estate's manicured grounds, while the Tea Room is an intimate place to enjoy a soothing cup of tea.
Covington, Louisiana: Quaint Town Just North of New Orleans
The massive Lake Pontchartrain separates New Orleans to the south from the quaint residential community of Covington, nestled on the lake's northern shores. Covington's small-town charm is found at its twice-weekly farmers' market, where vendors sell fresh fruits, vegetables, cheeses, meats, and breads amid live music. You might also find prepared Italian, Greek, Mediterranean, and Mexican fare.
Abita Brewing Company, which crafts nationally known crafts beers such as the Turbodog english brown ale and the fruity Purple Haze, is based out of nearby Abita Springs. On guided one-hour tours, visitors pass through a gas-lit courtyard to the tasting room, where they can sample several types of suds and make snow angels in piles of yeast. An adjacent brewpub restaurant serves Southern comfort fare and Abita beers that are only available at the brewery, such as chocolate stout and cask-conditioned brown ale.
What You Get
Stay for two in any room
- Option 1: $119 for one night, check in any day (up to a $200 value)
- Option 2: $249 for two nights with $35 dining credit, check in Wednesday-Saturday (up to a $435 value)
Book by: 2/8/13
Travel by: 8/31/13
Included in all options:
- Bottle of house champagne
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Onsite Annadele's Plantation Restaurant
- Spacious balconies
- Garden tub or jacuzzi in select units
- Complimentary WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 2/8/2013 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 8/31/2013
- Not valid 12/25, 1/1, 2/1-2/3, 2/8-2/12, or 7/2-7/4
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option and check-in days purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 3-day cancellation notice or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to 1/2 the amount paid for Groupon applies
- Must be 21 or older to check in and to consume alcohol
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 11.75% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- California king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: Free self-parking onsite
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 40 miles from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- By car: about 40 miles north of New Orleans
The Groupon Guide to: Harebrained Schemes
These days it seems like everyone has some kind of harebrained get-rich-quick scheme. Use this handy guide to sort out whether a scheme is destined for failure or straight for the bank:
Scheme: Your neighbor Robert wants you to open a flower shop with him.
Verdict: Harebrained. Robert inherited the flower shop from his father, but in order to keep the shop’s best customer, Mrs. Winifred Downing, you’ll have to pretend that Robert’s father is still alive and court Mrs. Downing in his guise.
Scheme: Your boyfriend, Calvin, wants to get married.
Verdict: Harebrained. Calvin will use the marriage as a contract to bind you together both financially and spiritually. Once you’ve signed the paperwork, Calvin can move into your house and even use your toilet.
Scheme: Your older cousin, Harrison, wants to build an airplane in the front yard and charge local children to take rides in it.
Verdict: Legitimate. This is a business opportunity you won’t want to pass up, just to see every other family in the neighborhood raking in money with their front-yard aeronautics companies. Sign over all of your bank accounts and government bonds to Harrison as soon as possible.