Hotel at a Glance: Bayside Golf Club
Few will stumble upon the Bayside Golf Club by sheer happenstance. Tucked into the rugged wilderness near the western Nebraska village of Brule (population 326), the resort provides a golf oasis in an otherwise harsh land, and is usually found by those who were already looking for it. When you get there, you’ll discover a links-style course with views overlooking wide expanses of unruly terrain, 60-foot drops in elevation, unforgiving arroyos, and signature holes with nicknames such as “Humility” and “Forever.”
- A room with a view: Four-bedroom suites and log cabins overlook the 10th hole, with stunning views of the course or Lake McConaughy.
- Nifty in-room amenities: Four-bedroom suites have separate living room areas with flat-screen TVs.
- Press Mention: Read this feature article on the golf course by _Links Golf _ magazine to get a sense of the 11th hole’s “brutal beauty.”
- Onsite dining: The resort club house serves up famous Nebraska steaks.
- Eye to the sky: Eagles soar high above this open stretch of land, looking for their next snack.
Brule, Nebraska: Small-Town Charm Close to Historic Ogallala
Named for the 5,000 Brule Sioux Native Americans who lived on the land in the 19th century, Brule has drawn a tight-knit community of farmers by way of the Union Pacific Railroad. Many come to town for the fishing and birding along Lake McConaughy, a man-made lake formed in the 1930s. Note that the locals refer to it as “Lake Mac” or “Big Mac.”
Nine miles away, the comparatively cosmopolitan town of Ogallala reflects the history of the American West. A stop on the infamous Pony Express, the city served as the terminus for cattle drives marching up from Texas to the rails. Ogallala keeps the memory of its wild oats alive with Front Street, a fun replica of the old town.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
100% of 16 customers recommend
“We had a great time. ”
“Great staff and clean course. Everything was well maintained. The clubhouse is very nice and being able to stay at the cabins on site was very accomodating. Great...”
“Great staff and clean course. Everything was well maintained. The clubhouse is very nice and being able to stay at the cabins on site was very accomodating. Great package.”
“We enjoyed it all! It is a fun beautiful place”
865 Lakeview West Rd
Brule, NE 69127