Top Reasons to Stay at Best Western Mt. Hood Inn
- The inn is located near Mount Hood, Oregon's tallest mountain at more than 11,000 feet. The area is great for outdoor recreation year-round, especially fishing and boating on Mirror Lake in warmer months.
- Roughly 15 minutes away, you'll find Timberline Ski Lodge. This National Historic Landmark is the only lodge in North America to offer year-round skiing.
- Guest rooms are decorated with warm mocha and coffee tones and natural wood accents. Amenities include cable or satellite TVs and high-speed Internet. Some rooms feature mountain views.
- In the morning, guests can savor a complimentary breakfast of eggs, fresh fruit, and cereals.
- An indoor hot tub affords a quiet place to unwind.
Mount Hood, Oregon: Forest Hikes, Trout Streams, and Ski Trails on Volcanic Peak
Located about 90 miles east of Portland in northern Oregon, Mount Hood is technically an active volcano, though it hasn't shown any real geothermal activity for more than 100 years. Still, it’s the towering centerpiece of Mt. Hood National Forest, which encompasses more than one million acres of forested mountains and lakes. During warmer seasons, visitors come to pick berries, fish, and hike along some of Oregon’s best trails. The 1-mile hike to Buried Forest Overlook reveals a dramatic vista of White River Canyon, a forested area that was buried by ash and mud during one of Mount Hood’s eruptions centuries ago.
Though winter is the mountain’s most popular ski season, the Timberline Ski Area often sports snow-covered slopes through Labor Day, making it the only resort in North America to offer year-round skiing. Across the mountain, you’ll find several miles of cross-country trails and a handful of distinct downhill areas, including one of the country's largest nighttime ski areas at the Mt. Hood Skibowl.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
97% of 72 customers recommend
“Keep up the good work!”
“Great Inn would even add if there is a heated swimming pool”
“Great staff. ”
Government Camp, OR
87450 E Government Camp Loop Rd
Government Camp, OR 97028