Top Reasons to Stay at Best Western Plus The Woodlands
- This AAA Three Diamond hotel is located in the heart of The Woodlands, a densely forested community less than an hour from Houston. Nearby attractions include Lake Conroe and The Woodlands Mall. The Houston Zoo also makes for a nice day trip.
- Soft, neutral tones lend a homey feel to the guest rooms. Each boasts modern amenities such as free WiFi and a 32-inch LCD TV with cable access and HBO.
- Each morning, guests are treated to a hot breakfast of eggs, meat, fresh fruit, and cereal.
- Business travelers can take advantage of spacious conference rooms (for an additional fee) and a kitchen for refreshments.
- There’s a fitness center onsite that opens early in the morning and is stocked with weight machines and cardio equipment. The outdoor pool is open seasonally.<p>
The Woodlands, Texas: Planned Community Just Outside Houston
About 30 miles north of downtown Houston, The Woodlands was established as a planned community in 1974 and has grown rapidly ever since—it has a population around 100,000. Today, the town is made up of a cluster of small villages with tree-lined streets, along with nearly 500 shops and boutiques.
You’ll find several family-friendly attractions here, including The Woodlands Children’s Museum, which has enough interactive exhibits to keep youngsters and adults entertained. At night, head to the Fountains at Waterway Square, which are illuminated by colorful lights as the water seems to dance to the rhythm of such songs as “America the Beautiful.” The town is also known for its spectacular country clubs and year-round golfing, including courses designed by legends Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer.
Houston is less than an hour south via I-45, so it makes for a good day or afternoon trip. Exhibits at Space Center Houston simulate conditions in space—you can pretend you’re an astronaut by walking across a frictionless surface or observe actual astronauts as they train. Frommer’s raves, “there’s nothing like it anywhere else in the world.” Another can’t-miss site is the Houston Zoo, a 55-acre zoo that encompasses a number of ecosystems, treehouses, and aquariums.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
“The staff was great. Breakfast was good. Location was good and in a nice area. Room was very clean and comfortable. A great place to stay. ”
“They were nice and helpful as far as customer service.”
“Good customer service”