Top Reasons to Visit Bird Rock Hotel
- It’s located on San Juan Island, which has miles of country roads that wind through forests, farmlands, and scenic hillsides, overlooking the water. You can borrow a bike from the hotel for free to explore this area.
- The hotel is just two blocks from the ferry landing, making trips to the other islands and the mainland easy.
- The hotel combines a historic exterior with modern interiors. You can choose from one of nine guest rooms. They all offer different amenities; some have two-person deluxe jetted bathtubs or European-style shared bathrooms.
- Whale-watching season begins in late May. Be here to welcome back the three pods of orca whales that reside in the island's surrounding waters.
- More than 20 restaurants are within three blocks of the hotel. Many of them emphasize locally grown and sourced produce, meats, and seafood.
- Make the five-minute walk to the hotel’s sister property, Earthbox Inn & Spa, and feel free to use its indoor pool, jacuzzi, and sauna. Earthbox’s spa offers facials, hot-stone massages, and manicures; book one at least seven days in advance to get a 20% discount on massage, face, and body treatments.
San Juan Island, Washington: Rolling Hills, Quaint Towns, and Wildlife Cruises
Chugging ferries, weathered fishing boats, and whale-watching boats crisscross Friday Harbor's bay, San Juan Island's largest port. The town was founded in 1909, and there are a handful of original buildings left, though they now house eclectic eateries, independent bookstores, and chic coffee shops. The Bird Rock Hotel is among the noted historic buildings on the island.
Wildlife cruises can help you get an up-close view of the area's local marine wildlife; depending on the season, orca whales, porpoise, and sea lions can be seen making their way through the chilly waters surrounding the islands.
Just north of Friday Harbor, you can taste different varietals and enjoy barrel tastings at San Juan Vineyards, which is open year-round. It’s also possible to visit the San Juan Island Distillery, near the northern tip of San Juan island.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
100% of 29 customers recommend
“We Loved It There! It Was So Peaceful And Clean! The Scones Were Delicious Too! :) We Would Definetly Be Back! ”
“We enjoyed the convenient location, relaxing decor, nutritious breakfast and friendly staff.”