Stylish, Eco-Friendly Boutique Hotel Steps from Lake Tahoe
Tucked into a pine forest steps from the southern shores of Lake Tahoe, the 968 Park Hotel is one of the region’s only certified green, eco-friendly hotels. A gut renovation in 2009 outfitted the boutique with stylish recycled materials, including a zen lobby that features repurposed wooden decor.
Outside, private cabanas wrap around heated pool; inside, you’ll discover a hot tub and sauna. The 968's massage spa boasts a full menu of massages that includes Swedish, hot-stone, deep-tissue, and even a skier’s massage. In-room treatments are available for an additional charge. Further relaxation awaits at The CoffeePub, where you can sip a glass of locally made wine, a bottle of craft beer, or an espresso.
Handcrafted, recycled-wood furniture fills standard rooms, which also feature 42-inch plasma HDTVs, high-thread-count Egyptian-cotton sheets, and Sterling Sleep System mattresses. Bathrooms are decked out with a tile-and-glass shower and organic My Earth bath products.
South Lake Tahoe, California: Year-Round Haven for Outdoor Adventures and Late-Night Revelry
Lake Tahoe has no real off-season; people find ways to make use of its pristine water, beaches, and mountains all year long. In the summer, the lake's clear, freshwater surface—which straddles the California-Nevada border—is dotted with swimmers, boaters, and jet skiers. Several ski resorts with world-class slopes typically stay open from November to April, and Emerald Bay State Park is accessible year-round. A moderately easy hike to the base of Lower Eagle Falls reveals breathtaking views of the waterfalls crashing down from above.
A diverse crowd of spectators gathers at night for South Lake Tahoe's various events, which range from wine and food festivals to rock concerts and fireworks displays. A few miles northwest of South Lake Tahoe sits Stateline, Nevada, where a handful of casinos host high-stakes games of blackjack and solitaire.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds,rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a standard double or queen room; up to two kids 17 or younger stay free
- Two drinks
- 20% off a massage
- Best rates for this getaway can be found for $69 Sundays - Thursdays starting in mid-September. Other dates are also discounted, but rates will be somewhat higher.
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 10% and $3 per day taxes added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- Outdoor heated pool with cabanas
- Indoor hot tub and sauna
- Massage-therapy spa
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Free business center
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Credit card required at check-in
- 10% and $3 per day taxes added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Standard Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $24 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; guests 17 or younger stay free when accompanied by an adult
Standard Queen Room
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Free covered and uncovered parking available
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available at check-in for an additional cost.