Hotel at a Glance: Holiday Inn Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah is located about 35 miles from downtown Houston in the coastal town of Kemah, which overlooks Galveston Bay. The hotel is just a 10-minute walk from the town’s main attraction: the Kemah Boardwalk, an outdoor dining, shopping, and entertainment complex with several amusement rides. Here, waterfront restaurants serve locally caught fish, and you can touch and feed stingrays at an indoor reef.
- Nifty Amenities: Guest rooms have 32-inch LCD-TVs and complimentary high-speed WiFi.
- Why visit now: Kemah Boardwalk’s Rock the Dock concert series features live music every Thursday night through August 29.
- Bird’s-eye views: You’ll enjoy sweeping views of Galveston Bay from the boardwalk’s 65-foot Ferris wheel.
- One fish, two fish: There’s a large aquarium in the lobby, filled with live reefs and tropical fish.
- Family-friendly dining: Kids under the age of 12 eat free with a paying adult at Sporting News Grill.
- Worth a day trip: With 32 miles of coastline, Galveston Island is a nice spot to fish, surf, or simply sunbathe on sandy beaches–look out for its signature Victorian architecture.
- Must-see nearby: Be sure to check out the boardwalk’s rides, which include a wooden roller coaster with a 92-foot vertical drop.
Kemah, Texas: Waterfront Community with a Lively Boardwalk and One-of-a-Kind Shopping
Kemah takes its name from a Karankawan Indian phrase meaning “wind in the face,” a nod to the constant breezes that flow in from the Gulf of Mexico. The town’s prime location along the shores of Galveston Bay has made it a popular vacation spot—in 2012, the Houston Business Journal ranked Kemah as the area’s number-one tourist destination.
Kemah’s most-popular attraction is the Kemah Boardwalk, an outdoor entertainment complex with amusement park rides and waterfront restaurants. For some of the best bay views, pay a visit to the boardwalk’s lofty observation tower. A few blocks away, one-of-a-kind boutiques line the red-brick sidewalks of the Lighthouse District, selling handmade soaps, antiques, and wines from around the world.
_No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions._