Mountain Lodge at Keystone Resort
Nestled among three peaks in the Rocky Mountains, Keystone is a mecca for skiers in Colorado. When the snow melts, hikers and mountain bikers replace skiiers on Keystone Mountain’s famed trails, where they find both steep and gentle tree-lined paths. The Keystone Lodge & Spa is part of the activity-packed Keystone Resort. Summer activities at Keystone include standup paddleboarding, horseback riding, fly-fishing, championship golfing, tennis, and miniature golf
The hotel’s expansive spa boasts a steam room, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, and a swimming pool. Only organic and sustainable products are used in the spa’s treatments.
- Bighorn Bistro & Bar serves up roasted lamb loin and venison chops, made with locally sourced ingredients, amid beautiful views.
- Spacious accommodations include complimentary WiFi, plus views of either the mountains or the Snake River.
- Outdoor heated pool is open year-round
- Play for Free summer package is included for trips booked July-August. This package includes a yoga class, a guided hike, a scenic lift ticket for a child 12 and under, and cookies on arrival
- Play for Free fall and winter package is included for trips booked September 1-December 15. This package includes a yoga class, one hour of court time at Keystone Tennis Center, and a glass of house wine or draft beer at Bighorn Bistro & Bar
Keystone, Colorado: Upscale Resort Town near Mountains and Alpine Lakes
Located about 75 miles west of Denver, the resort town of Keystone is lined with four-star restaurants and high-end shops, but Keystone Mountain is town’s focal point. Two gondolas are among the 20 lifts that scale up Keystone Mountain, which transforms into a scenic park for biking, horseback riding, and guided hikes once the summer begins. Take the gondola to Adventure Point at top of the mountain to tube-slide down a snowy hill that stays slushy well into the summer. The area also features two championship golf courses that stretch past pristine lakes, meadows, and the Snake River.
At Keystone Lake, you can spend a day canoeing, paddleboarding, or fly-fishing. Snake River, which runs adjacent to the lake, also offers fly-fishing. To the north, the Arapaho National Forest stretches across 1.5 million acres of protected mountains and grassland laced with hiking trails.
“Very nice hotel with first class spa!”
“The area, beauty, cleanliness, service, restaurant, beds, everything!”
“The room was very nice”