Top Reasons to Stay at Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
- The cottages sit directly on the shores of Clear Lake; you’ll have fantastic views of the water from the property’s outdoor fire pit, waterfront cottages, and shaded picnic areas.
- Guests can enjoy several hiking trails with views of the rolling hills of local vineyards, Redbud trees in full bloom, and springtime views of Clear Lake and Mt. Konocti. The newly opened volcanic Mount Konocti trail provides a stunning panoramic view around the lake. Other activities include wine tastings at award winning wineries, rounds of golf, or scenic drives.
- Recent renovations introduced a modern look and feel to the cottages—all have 32-inch flat-screen TVs, free WiFi, and private patios or decks, and many have full kitchens stocked with kitchen utensils and dinnerware.
- Many local, small-batch wineries are nearby and produce their own olive oil and balsamic vinegar in addition to wine. One of these, the Ceago Vinegarden, has marina slips available so you can park a boat, dock, and head to the tasting room. (The winery is just a short drive away, too.)
- The lake is also a popular spot for swimming, jet skiing, and kayaking; kayak rental is included in all options of this deal.
- Local and national bass-fishing tournaments are often held at Clear Lake, California’s largest natural lake. There’s a private boat launch, 10 boat slips with plug-ins, and ample trailer parking.
Lake County, California: Wine Destination near California’s Largest Natural Lake
Like its neighbors in the Napa Valley, Lake County is obsessed with wine. The nearby volcano, Mount Konocti, has helped lend a richness to the soil here, which has attracted more than two dozen wineries, many of them small. Some tasting rooms feature wooded ranches; another is a Mediterranean cottage you can access by boat from Clear Lake.
The geothermal activity of Mount Konocti is also said to help create a nutrient-rich environment in local Clear Lake. Partially due to this phenomenon, the lake produces larger-than-average bass; in fact, many fishermen refer to Clear Lake as the “Bass Capital of the West.” More than just fish enjoy the waters—during the warmer months, the lake attracts professional and recreational water-skiers and wakeboarders.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
Situated on tree-lined walkways, the warm hues and hardwood accents of Clear Lake Cottages’ eponymous villas transpose the comforts of home to a tranquil respite in the shadows of Mount Konocti. Flat-screen televisions and wireless Internet allow guests to stay up-to-the-minute on news and emails, and outdoor decks offer unfettered views of Clear Lake itself within earshot of seagulls’ latest gossip. A short stroll from the properties leads to the water, home to schools of bluegill, catfish, and largemouth bass, and host to such pursuits as water-skiing, kayaking, and parasailing. Boaters can disembark from a private launch in the 10-slip marina, or rent a vessel with which to explore the lake’s legendary sunken logs or voyage to local vineyards and nearby Thompson Harbor.
85% of 40 customers recommend
“Angela kadara. Looking to return again soon! Any returning customer promos?? I want cottage 27 again :)”
“Amazing and kind staff”
“Really enjoyed our stay for a getaway....”
13885 Lakeshore Dr
Clearlake, CA 95422