Top Reasons to Stay at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago – Northbrook
- Located about 25 miles north of Chicago, the Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago – Northbrook features guest rooms stocked with microwaves, mini fridges, and sleep kits that include lavender mist and eye masks.
- The onsite Willows Restaurant serves American cuisine such as firecracker shrimp and bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin. Grab a table in the dining room and enjoy the bottle of wine included with some deal options. Bottle of wine must be redeemed and consumed in the restaurant on property.
- The Scoreboard bar and lounge caters to sports fans with a pool table, a Wii console, and multiple flat-screen TVs.
- Open 24 hours a day, the fitness center features treadmills, stationary bikes, and an elliptical machine.
- Just 8 miles from the hotel, Northbrook Court shopping mall is home to luxury shops including Burberry, Louis Vuitton, and Cusp. Scenes from the movies Ordinary People and Weird Science were shot here in the '80s.
- Chicago is just a 30-minute drive away. There, you can take a riverboat architecture cruise, catch a ball game at Wrigley Field, dine at restaurants helmed by celebrity chefs, and come face-to-face with a 67-million-year-old T. rex named Sue at the Field Museum.
Northbrook, Illinois: Lakeside Chicago Suburb near Theme Parks and Acclaimed Gardens
Located about 25 miles north of downtown Chicago, the suburb of Northbrook is in close proximity to an abundance of outdoor activities. The 540-acre, wildlife-rich Skokie Lagoons nature preserve is a popular spot for canoeing, fishing, and hiking. The Lagoons contrast with the manicured Chicago Botanic Garden in nearby Glencoe, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year. Here, you’ll explore 2.5 million plants strewn across 24 displays, along with waterways and wooded areas.
About a half-hour drive north of the hotel is Six Flags Great America, a thrill-packed playground for kids, kids-at-heart, and misled vexillologists. Its rides and attractions range from stomach-flipping roller coasters to all-ages swimming pools and bumper cars.