Top Reasons to Visit Danfords Hotel & Marina
- Located 60 miles east of New York City on Long Island Sound, this waterfront hotel has a 75-slip marina and sweeping views of the bay.
- You'll be within walking distance of the shops and restaurants in Port Jefferson Village.
- The award-winning onsite restaurant, Wave Seafood Kitchen, serves farm-to-table fare and seafood dishes such as seared Atlantic sea scallops and soft-shell crab.
- You can indulge in couples massages or facials at the full-service Blue Sapphire Spa onsite.
- Subtly luxurious guest rooms feature views of either the village or Long Island Sound.
Long Island’s North Shore: Lavish 20th-Century Estates and Art Museums Near New York City
The North Shore region of Long Island encompasses a string of coastal towns, from the Great Neck peninsula 7 miles west of Queens to Port Jefferson, a Revolutionary War village. Prominent families such as the Vanderbilts and the Whitneys began building private estates on the North Shore around the turn of the 20th century; given its high-class reputation, the area is still known as the Gold Coast today. A handful of these mansions are now open to the public, including Teddy Roosevelt’s summer home at Sagamore Hill, and Walt Whitman’s birthplace at Huntington Station.
This area also offers a number of first-class museums, including the Nassau County Museum of Art. Housed in a 19th-century Georgian mansion, the museum features a 600-piece collection with works from Roy Lichtenstein and Auguste Rodin.
There are a handful of outdoor attractions you can check out on the North Shore, too, such as the Old Westbury Gardens. Set on a sprawling 20th-century estate, the Gardens contain 210 acres of formal rose gardens, tranquil ponds, and miles of hiking trails, which at one point wind through an arboretum.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
“Great hotel and the deal was excellent.”
“excellent deal - excellent room- beautiful view. Great deal. ”
“It was a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday!”