Hotel at a Glance: Delta London Armouries Hotel
Twin towers with parapets herald your entrance to the Delta London Armouries Hotel in downtown London. The parapets are remnants of the building’s days as a training ground for Canadian soldiers during World War I and II. Inside the hotel, you can check out a collection of archival photographs and wartime artifacts, including military uniforms. In the middle of its spiraling atrium, you’ll also find an indoor pool, whirlpool, and sauna.
- Onsite dining: Grab a bite to eat at the Armouries Grille Restaurant or sip a cold one at the Cantata Lounge.
- Nifty in-room amenities: Delta rooms have comfy Sanctuary beds, 32” LCD flat-screen TVs, and mini-fridges.
- Within walking distance: London Convention Centre, the Budweiser Gardens, and the University of Western Ontario.
- Must-see nearby: People of all ages can enjoy East Park which offers batting cages, golf, and a water park with seven different water slides.
- Get sweaty: The onsite fitness centre has vaulted ceilings and plenty of equipment for your workout.
London, Ontario: Urban Parks in University Town on the Thames
The Thames River cuts through most of London, which is situated in Ontario's southwestern corner about halfway between Detroit and London. Students from Fanshawe College and the University of Western Ontario give London a youthful vibrancy. There’s a thriving music scene here; enjoy live bands and excellent food during London’s numerous annual events and festivals in summer.
Ontario’s London shares some familiarities with its English forebear: there’s a Thames River that works its way through the heart of the city, a Covent Garden Market selling fresh farm stand produce, and even Richmond Row lined with shops and restaurants. You can also see some great entertainment events at Budweiser Gardens.
Often referred to as "the Forest City," London was built among lush woodlands that have been preserved in more than 200 urban parks. During tours of downtown, you’ll find trees that have been carved into whimsical, colorful sculptures. Victoria Park, one of the city's most popular outdoor spaces, is centrally located in Richmond Row amid more than 200 pubs, bistros, and boutiques
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.