Surf Bondi Beach, Taste Wine in Adelaide, and See Wild Marsupials on Kangaroo Island
The trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare via Virgin Australia from Los Angeles (LAX)
- Four nights at The Menzies Hotel Sydney with daily breakfast
- Three nights in the heart of Adelaide's city center with internet access and daily breakfast
- One night at the Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge with daily breakfast
- A surf lesson on Bondi Beach from Let's Go Surfing
- Blue Mountains and wildlife tour
- Kangaroo Island tour
- Barossa Valley wine tour from Prime Mini tours
- Some meals
- Return coach and ferry transfers from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island and roundtrip airport transfers in Sydney and Adelaide
Four Nights in Sydney After an overnight flight, the trip kicks off with four days in Sydney, the bustling, harbor-side capital of New South Wales. The shoreline is marked by glittering skyscrapers and the world-famous Sydney Opera House. While you’re in town, you’ll take a surf lesson at Bondi Beach, named one of the world’s best spots for hanging ten by The Telegraph.
On day five, the tour leaves Sydney to explore Blue Mountains National Park in New South Wales. Here, 86 miles of hiking trails wind past blue eucalyptus groves, waterfalls, and caves. At the nearby Featherdale Wildlife Park, you can see kangaroos, koalas, and other native creatures.
Three Nights in Adelaide A short flight takes you to Adelaide, a charming city dotted with little cathedrals as well as contemporary museums and art galleries. The wine country surrounding Adelaide is known for producing flavorful shiraz, pinot noir, and riesling varietals. On a tour of Barossa Valley, you'll have the chance to sample some of the region’s output.
One Night on Kangaroo Island You'll leave Adelaide briefly for a short stint on Kangaroo Island, which lies off the coast of Adelaide, just a picturesque ferry ride away. Your overnight stay here includes a tour of the island, which also serves as a wildlife sanctuary. Thousands of free-roaming kangaroos live alongside koalas, duck-billed platypuses, wallabies, penguins, and sea lions.
You can attribute the wide range of wildlife to the island's extremely varied landscape. Rocky shores give way to caves, blackwater swamps, and deep eucalyptus and sugar gum forests. One of the best known geographical features is a formation known as Remarkable Rocks—massive, oddly shaped boulders that appear delicate despite their size. After spending time on the island, the group returns to the mainland for a final night in Adelaide.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Call Down Under Answers directly at 866-908-1242 to discuss other US departure cities.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Call Down Under Answers directly to discuss your travel plans.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Call Down Under Answers directly and we can check flight availability for you before purchasing your Groupon vouchers.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You will receive a refund per Groupon's Booking Guarantee.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Call Down Under Answers directly to discuss bringing your children on this Groupon vacation. All travelers will require an airfare and ground arrangements and we can price this out for you directly.