Visit Mount Zion, Jerusalem, River Jordan, and Tel Aviv's Church of the Annunciation
Included in this tour package:
- Round-trip airfare from New York on a major airline (Flight time: about 12 hours)
- Four-night stay at Prima Royale Hotel Jerusalem in Jerusalem
- Two-night stay at Royal Plaza Tiberias in Tiberias
- One-night stay at Tal Hotel Tel Aviv in Tel Aviv
- Sightseeing and meals as indicated on itinerary
This tour of Israel includes stops in Jerusalem, Tiberias, Nazareth, and other major sites. Click here to see the daily itinerary.
Days 1–5: Jerusalem and its Old City
- After an overnight flight, you'll arrive in Tel Aviv and transfer to Jerusalem.
- Take a walking half-day tour of Jerusalem's Old City, built in the 16th century and encompassing Jewish, Armenian, Christian, and Muslim architectural and cultural districts. Highlights include colorful outdoor bazaars and Mount Zion, where you can see King David’s Tomb.
- On your third and fourth days in Jerusalem, you're free to see the sights at your leisure. Visit the Southern Wall of the Temple on the Mount, or grab some falafel and shawarma at the Mahane Yehuda Market.
Days 6–7: Beit She'an & Tiberias
- The tour heads northward to the city of Beit She'an, in the Jordan River Valley. Here, you’ll see ruins of ancient theaters, bathhouses, and stone columns dating as far back at 63 BC.
- The tour follows the River Jordan south to the Sea of Galilee, where you'll explore Capernaum, an abandoned fishing village said to be the home of Saint Peter. You can also see 3rd-century synagogues and an ancient olive press dating back to the 2nd century.
- Then, you’ll stop in Tiberias, a historic city located along the Sea of Galilee. Rest in the area's natural hot springs, which result from the city's surrounding geothermal activity. Many of the town’s older structures are made from black volcanic rock.
Days 8–9: Nazareth & Haifa
- Make your way west en route to the Mediterranean, stopping in Nazareth, home to the Church of the Annunciation, the Middle East's largest basilica. Inside, ornate mosaics honor the Virgin Mary—the basilica is built above a cave believed to be where an angel told Mary that she would give birth to Jesus.
- Not far from the Mediterranean in the town of Haifa lies the spectacular Baha'i Shrine & Gardens, which features 19 meticulously landscaped terraces encircling a shrine made from Italian marble.
- The tour heads along the coast to Tel Aviv, where you’ll board a flight back to the United States the next day.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.