10-Day, Multi-City Tour of France
The tour package includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Two nights at Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel in Paris
- One night at Holiday Inn Blois in Blois
- One night at Mercure Dijon Centre Clemenceau in Dijon
- Two nights at Mercure Avignon Cite Des Papes in Avignon
- Two nights at Hotel Nice Riviera in Nice
- Daily breakfast and two dinners with wine
- All ground transfers
- Sightseeing tours per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager
- Services of local guides per itinerary
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Paris City Tour
- Chateau de Chenonceau tour
- Beaune Wine Tasting
- Wine and mineral water with all dinners
- Whisper technology enhanced touring
There's a quick rundown of some trip highlights below. Click here to see the full itinerary.
Days 1–3: Paris
The trip begins in the legendary City of Lights. On a sight-seeing tour, you'll parade down the Champs-Élysées—one of the world's most famous boulevards—to the Arc de Triomphe at the western end. Napoleon ordered this 160-foot-tall monument built to commemorate fallen soldiers and show off the strength of his empire. You'll also see Place de la Concorde, a 20-acre square with elaborate fountains, statues, and the more than 3,000-year-old Luxor Obelisk, a gift from Egypt in the 19th century.
Days 4 and 5: Blois & Dijon
Fodor's calls your next destination, the Loire Valley, "a fairy-tale realm par excellence" for its medieval castles and quaint old-timey villages. The tour stops off near the Loire River for views of the 11th-century Chateau d'Amboise, the burial place of Leonardo da Vinci. Then you'll pay a visit to the storybook palace of Chenonceau, which extends across the River Cher.
After an overnight stay in Blois, the tour travels east to Dijon. Here you can fill up on coq au vin and truffles before exploring Ducal Palace, a former government building that now houses the Musée des Beaux-Arts, whose collection includes masterpieces by Monet and Velazquez.
Days 6 and 7: Avignon
The highlight of this leg of the trip is a wine tasting in Beaune, the unofficial capital of Burgundy's wine country in southern France, near the Mediterranean Sea. En route to Avignon, you'll makes a pit stop at Hotel-Dieu, a former hospital with a Gothic chapel and religious artwork dating to the 15th century. Extending only partially across the Rhone River, Avignon's St. Benezet Bridge is a less complete landmark; only a handful of the original arches remain since the bridge was built nearly 900 years ago. The following day is set aside to explore Avignon at your leisure.
Days 8–10: Cannes, Nice
En route to Nice, you'll visit Cannes, a French Riviera hotspot best known for its prestigious annual film festival. Several sites in town ooze movie glamour, though a number of Michelin-starred seafood restaurants honor the city's roots as a fishing village. Before settling in at Nice, you'll hit a perfumery in Grasse.
The final day of your tip is all yours to take in the sights of Nice, from the sprawling mansions to the flower market, where stalls overflow with fresh vegetables and brightly colored roses, daffodils, and camellias. It's worth dropping by at Nice's oft-overlooked old-town region, where steep, narrow streets are lined with baroque churches, charming shops, and bakeries serving socca pancakes from wood-burning ovens.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room, however there are limits as to how many people per room.