Tour of Peru with Airfare from Gate 1 Travel - Lima, Machu Picchu, and Sacred Valley
10-Day Tour from Gate 1 Travel with Round-Trip Airfare. Price/Person Based on Double Occupancy.
The tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Miami to Lima
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- Flights between Lima and Cuzco and Juliaca and Lima
- 3 nights' standard accommodations at Jose Antonio Lima
- 2 nights' standard accommodations at San Augustin Urubamba Hotel in Sacred Valley
- 2 nights' standard accommodations at Jose Antonio Cuzco
- 2 nights' standard accommodations at Hotel Royal Inn Puno
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 14 meals: 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern motorcoach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Explore Lost Incan Cities, Lake Titicaca, and Lima
On this 10-day tour, you’ll get an up-close look at Peru’s most popular attractions, including Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley, as well as the modern cities of Lima and Cusco. Most days are filled with planned activities, but some are set aside for you to discover Peru on your own. On these open days, you can take optional excursions for an extra fee.
Days 1–2: Arrival in Lima
- On a guided sightseeing tour of Peru's capital, Lima, you’ll see the San Francisco Monastery, known for its beautiful 17th-century architecture and library.
- During free time, you can sample ceviche in cafes or sidle up to a bar to enjoy a pisco sour, Peru's national drink, made with lime juice, egg white, and angostura bitters.
- Optional excursions (extra fees): dinner and a show or a visit to the Museo Larco, home to an extensive exhibit of pre-Colombian art and artifacts
Days 3–4: Sacred Valley of the Incas
- On the morning of Day 3, you’ll fly to Cusco and see the Urubamba Sacred Valley and its Chinchero Market, where women sell alpaca wool scarves, jewelry, and produce in the mountain air.
- Another trip highlight: Ollantaytambo, a city built into cliffs by the Inca in the 15th century. It has some of the oldest continuously occupied buildings in the Americas.
- Optional excursions (extra fees): a 1.5-mile Inca Granaries hike (you’ll get a great view of the Ollantaytambo here), a six-hour Moray and Salineras hike, or a traditional Peruvian dinner with a local family
Day 5: Machu Picchu
- Early in the morning, you’ll board a train for Machu Picchu and spend the afternoon exploring Peru’s lost city.
- With its high-quality ornamental stonework and 50 burial sites, Machu Picchu is believed to be a ceremonial center of some kind, but its exact purpose is shrouded in mystery. In the evening, you’ll return by train and shuttle to Cusco.
Day 6: Cusco
- On your free day, you can explore Cusco, the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city. It has cobblestone streets, massive Inca-built walls, and many lavish churches.
- On Plaza de Armas, you can shop for handicrafts and textiles.
- Optional excursions (extra fees): half- and full-day tours visit an open-air produce market; a native Andean shaman; and the ancient Temple of the Sun, a stone structure dedicated to the Incan god Inti.
Day 7: Raqchi and Puno
- A shuttle will take you through the Peruvian agricultural fields and Andes Mountain Range on a scenic drive to Puno, a city on the banks of the world’s highest navigable lake, Lake Titicaca, at 12,421 feet.
- En route to Puno, the group will stop at the ancient town of Raqchi, home to the Temple of Wiracocha. It was built for the god Wiracocha, who kept the nearby Quimsa Chata volcano in check.
Day 8: Uros Islands and Lake Titicaca
- In the center of Lake Titicaca are the famed floating islands. These manmade islands were crafted by the Uros tribe using totora reeds. Many say that walking on the reed-stacked island is like walking on a waterbed.
- Optional excursion (extra fee): a trip to Sillustani Tombs, towering, cylinder-shaped stone tombs that predate the Inca
Days 9–10: Lima and Departure for Miami
- Say farewell to Puno on Day 9 and depart for Lima. You’ll have one night here to celebrate with dinner at a local restaurant with your travel companions and tour manager. On the following day, you’ll depart for Miami.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? This deal is only available from Miami.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? This deal is based on set airfares that cannot be altered.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers will need to purchase a Groupon.
What You Get
- Starting at $1,699, 10-day tour of Peru with airfare
- 26 options available, including departures in January, February, March, April, May and June 2014 from Miami (MIA)
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person and valid for a Travel with a Friend package (two Groupons required), or pay an additional $400 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
Book by: 9/17/13
- Cancellation policy & fees: $200 per person fee to cancel. 46-day cancellation notice required or fee of 50% Groupon price applies; 31-day notice or fee up to 90% Groupon price applies; 2-day notice or fee up to Groupon price applies. Airfare nonrefundable once ticketed.
- Taxes: tax included
- Additional fees: $11/flight Peru entry and departure tax not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 9/17/13 or promo value expires
- 1/person, +3 as gifts
- Valid only for option bought
- Reservation required, subject to availability; trip may be cancelled w/refund if not enough Groupons are bought for that date
- Alternate depart dates/gateways may be available for add’l fee
- $200 per person fee to cancel
- 46-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price
- Airfare nonrefundable once ticketed
- 18+ to check in, 8+ to travel
- Credit card required at booking/check-in
- $11/flight Peru entry and departure tax not included
- $400 fee to travel solo.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- By plane: includes round-trip airfare from Miami (MIA)
- By shuttle: all shuttles and transfers are included.
- Travelers may upgrade to Plan A First Class hotels for an additional fee ($200/person for double occupancy; $700/person for single occupancy).
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- Check out the “trip preparation” tab on the itinerary to get recommendations on what to pack, as well as suggested books and films to read and see before you visit.
- Wheelchairs, walkers, and motorized scooters may not be taken aboard motorcoaches.
- Altitude sickness may occur due to high elevations.